The new 300 GB, 600 GB, 900 GB, 1.2 TB, and 1.8 TB 10,000 rpm and 15,000 rpm 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps 2.5-inch hot-swap and simple-swap SAS hard disk drives (HDDs), hybrid drives, and self-encrypting drives (SEDs) can provide multiple options to meet storage performance and capacity requirements while offering various features to address more specific needs.
These new drives are 512 emulation (512e), a new drive technology to increase drive capacity while maintaining data integrity. All SAS drives are RoHS compliant.
HDD, SED, and hybrid drive features include:
- 10,000 rpm and 15,000 rpm HDDs deliver SAS HDD reliability and largest capacity performance in the IBM HDD family.
- SAS drive-to-host interface supports up to 12.0 Gbps burst rate, which can be achieved when the drive is used on a System x® server with 12 Gbps devices and infrastructure.
- 2.5-inch, slim-line form factor optimizes storage capacity.
- Software utilities allow for Self-Monitoring, Analysis, and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) to alert you of certain impending drive failures so that replacements can be made.
- Hot-swap and simple-swap versions of the IBM SAS 2.5-inch HDDs and hybrid drives are available. SEDs are available in hot-swap versions.
- One-year warranty is included.