Seagate Enterprise Exos X16 3.5" 12000 GB SAS (ST12000NM002G)
Scalable. Responsive. Innovative
Seagate manufactures hard drives that specifically address the needs of the hyperscale storage market. As the flagship of the Seagate® X class, the Exos® X16 enterprise hard drives are the highest-capacity hard drives in the fleet.
- Industry's first 16 TB drive for 33% more petabytes per rack.
- Highest 16 TB hard drive performance with enhanced caching, making it perfect for cloud data centre and massive scale-out data centre applications.
- Hyperscale SATA model tuned for large data transfers and low latency.
- PowerBalance™ feature optimises Watts/TB.
- Helium sealed-drive design delivers lower total cost of ownership through lower power and weight.
- Next-generation helium side-sealing weld technology for added handling robustness and leak protection.
- Digital environmental sensors to monitor internal drive conditions for optimal .operation and performance.
- Data protection and security: Seagate Secure™ features for safe, affordable, fast, and easy drive retirement.
- Proven enterprise-class reliability backed by 5-year limited warranty and 2.5M-hr MTBF rating.
Additional Product Notes
- Stores up to 12.8 PB in a 42U rack with helium technology
- Leading sustained data rate 261 MB/s
- Random write of 440 IOPS
- Reduced complexity with FastFormat™
- Reduced TCO with low weight of 670g and 0.31 W/TB
- 550 TB/yr — 10× the workload rating of desktop drives
- Seagate Secure™ encryption technology