Western Digital WD Red NAS 14 T 3.5" 14000 GB Serial ATA (WD140EFFX)
Western Digital WD Red NAS 14 T 3.5" 14000 GB Serial ATA
Western Digital WD Red Plus
Packed with power to handle the small- to medium-sized business NAS environments and increased workloads1 for SOHO customers, WD Red™ Plus is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on systems using ZFS and other file systems. Built and tested for up to 8-bay NAS systems, these drives give you the flexibility, versatility, and confidence in storing and sharing your precious home and work files.
For the Demands of Big Business
Designed specifically with medium or large scale business customers in mind, WD RedTM Pro drives are available for up to 24-bay NAS systems. Engineered to handle high-intensity workloads in 24x7 environments, WD Red Pro is ideal for archiving and sharing, as well as RAID array rebuilding on extended operating systems such as ZFS or other file systems. These drives add value to your business by enabling your employees to quickly share their files and back-up folders reliably in your NAS solution.
Exclusive NASware™ 3.0 Technology
Our exclusive advanced firmware technology, NASware™ 3.0, enables seamless integration, robust data protection and optimal performance for NAS systems operating under heavy demand. Built into every WD Red Pro hard drive, NASware 3.0’s advanced technology improves storage performance by increasing compatibility, integration, upgradeability, and reliability.
Built for Optimum NAS Compatibility
WD Red™ Plus drives with NASware™ technology takes the guesswork out of selecting a drive. Optimized for NAS systems, our unique algorithm balances performance and reliability in NAS and RAID environments. Simply put, a WD Red™ Plus drive is one of the most compatible drives available for NAS enclosures. But don’t take our word for it. WD Red™ Plus drives are a reflection of extensive NAS partner technology engagement and compatibility-testing.
Larger NAS Bay Shock Protection
WD Red Pro drives are equipped with a multi-axis shock sensor that automatically detects subtle shock events and dynamic fly height technology which adjusts each read-write function to compensate and protect the data. This combination of technology further protects the drives in larger 24-bay NAS environments and helps increase hard drive reliability.
3D Active Balance Plus
Our enhanced dual-plane balance control technology significantly improves the overall drive performance and reliability. Hard drives that are not properly balanced may cause excessive vibration and noise in a multi-drive system, reduce the hard drive life span, and degrade the performance over time.
Error Recovery Prevention
Built specifically for RAID and NAS environments, WD Red Pro drives come equipped with error recovery controls as part of NASware 3.0 technology to help reduce drive fallout in RAID applications.
Extended Drive Testing
A NAS environment that has up to 24 bays is very demanding on a hard drive with added vibration and heat. This is why every WD Red Pro drive is shipped with extended thermal cycle burn-in testing to help ensure each drive is tested for extended reliable operation.
Longer Warranty Coverage
WD Red Pro drives comes with a 5-year limited warranty for an even greater peace of mind.
Desktop Drives vs. WD Red™ Plus
Do right by your NAS and choose the drive purpose-built for NAS with an array of features to help preserve your data and maintain optimum performance. Take the following into consideration when choosing a hard drive for your NAS:
- Compatibility: Unlike desktop drives, these drives are specifically tested for compatibility with NAS systems for optimum performance.
- Reliability: The always-on environment of a NAS or RAID is a hot one, and desktop drives aren’t typically designed and tested under those conditions like WD Red™ Plus drives are.
- Error Recovery Controls: WD Red™ Plus NAS hard drives are specifically designed with RAID error recovery control to help reduce failures within the NAS system.
- Noise and Vibration Protection: Designed to operate solo, desktop drives typically offer little or no protection from the noise and vibration present in a multi-drive system. WD Red™ Plus drives are designed to thrive in multi-bay NAS system environments.
Additional Product Notes
- Available in capacities ranging from 2-18TB with support for up to 24 bays
- Supports up to 300 TB/yr workload rate
- Enhanced reliability with 3D Active Balance™ Plus technology and error recovery controls with NASware™ 3.0 technology
- Extended drive testing to ensure each drive is tested for extended reliable operation
- 5-year limited warranty
|Transfer Rate||Capacity||Cache Size||Disk Speed (RPM)||Interface||Recording Technology|
|up to 150MB/s||14000 GB||256 MB||5400rpm||Serial ATA||CMR|